I packed this light meal for our lunches the other day, and it was delicious! We were both plesantly surprised by the tastiness of this simple grain salad. I did not have shallots, so I omitted these. It ws still good, I just had to add a little bit more salt.
- 1/3 cup qunioa
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 ounce fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Prepare quinoa with 1/4 teaspoon salt as instructed on package.
- Combine cooked quinoa with tomatoes, parsley, shallot, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Top with cheese.