This simple recipe is based on a Chicken Salad my mom, Debbie became known for when we were growing up. The secret ingredient is the curry powder, adding extra flavor without having to use a lot of salt. I can make two pyrex conatiners for us to take to work in less than 10 minutes. So easy and refreshing!
- 1 can Albacore White Chunk Tuna (in water is best)
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 10 grapes, green or red, halved long-ways
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 T dried cranberries
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1/2 t curry powder
- s + p
- Strain tuna, flake into medium-size mixing bowl. Combine all ingredients. Mix lightly, being sure not to smash the grapes.
- Season with s + p to taste.
- To keep the sandwiches fresh, I package the tuna salad seperately from the bread, cheese and lettuce.
- When it's lunch time, add the salad to the sandwich. Or, for a simple tuna melt, I remove the lettuce, add the salad to the bread and top with cheese. Use a toaster oven to melt the cheese. Add the lettuce, and enjoy!