So, it may not look like much of a sandwich in this photo, but putting all of these ingredients between two slices of good bread... you really can't go wrong! I included the Black Olive tempanade on mine, but didn't add it to Danny's sandwich and he had no complaints. I think it just gives in a little extra flavor.
Also, as a side note: For meals like this where I'm only using 1/2 of an avocado and 1/2 of a red pepper, I go ahead and slice he remainder so it will be easier to use in the future.
- 4 slices of bread, preferably something substantial like 7-Grain of Nut-Oat
- hummus, can be homemade or store bought
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- lettuce pieces
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 T. crumbled feta cheese
- black olive tempanade
- s + p
- Prepare each ingredient as instructed.
- Spread a generous layer of hummus on one slice of bread, and the olive tempanade on the other slice of bread.
- Start with the trickiest ingredient, in this case it is the red peppers. (The hummus gives some stability for slippery veggies.)
- Layer the remaining ingredients on the sandwich.