Danny and I are planning another big trip - this time we are heading out West! Every year my mom's side of the family takes a trip somewhere, this year we are traveling to Salmon Idaho to visit my Aunt Ginny and cousins Joel and Willow and their boys. The group is a little smaller this time, 10-12 I think, but we will still have a blast I'm sure!
So we are making a big trip out of a small weekend :) Leaving a week before everyone else plans to, we are driving and stopping to hike/backpack along the way. It's been pretty fun and a little overwhelming determining our route and mapping out where to go. There is so much to see, that it's really been more about "what do we have time for?"
Forgive me for bringing back the 40days mentality (http://onethroughforty.tumblr.com/) but it worked out so well the first time...
- Day 1: Drive (after work)
- Day 2: Drive more
- Day 3: Arrive at Grand Tetons - on the trail by 2pm
- Day 4: Grand Tetons
- Day 5: Drive from Grand Tetons to Yellowstone - on the trail by 3pm
- Day 6: Yellowstone
- Day 7: Drive from Yellowstone to Salmon, ID
- Day 8: Salmon, ID
- Day 9: Salmon, ID
- Day 10: Salmon, ID
- Day 11: Salmon, ID
- Day 12: Drive from Salmon, ID to Rapid City, SD
- Day 13: See Mount Rushmore in the morning, Drive to Badlands - on the trail by 3pm
- Day 14: Drive home!
Wow I didn't realize this trip was 2 weeks long! This is the first time I put "days" to the schedule. We are in for an adventure!
Check out the "working" route map here! www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z7jlFi5sJHVQ.kKv1fJ3DAgfU&usp=sharing