I think I should make this for Christmas! YUM. Thank you Design Sponge, as usual :)
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon dark cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 14-ounce can organic, sweetened condensed milk*
- 2 cups Irish whiskey (I used Bushmills)
1. Bring the coffee to a gentle simmer in a medium-size saucepan.
2. Add the cream, cocoa, sugar, honey and extracts, and whisk thoroughly.
3. Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, whisking frequently, until the mixture begins to thicken.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat; whisk in the sweetened condensed milk.
5. Transfer the mixture to a heat-safe glass, ceramic or metal bowl, and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
6. Whisk in the whiskey until completely blended.
7. At this point, you can either allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and then serve or transfer it to a lidded container and store it in the refrigerator.
8. Serve over ice.